BREAKING: El-rufai in our Custody – ICPC arrests Ex-Kaduna Governor after Release from EFCC

The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) has confirmed that former Kaduna State governor, Nasir El-Rufai, is currently in its custody as part of an ongoing investigation.

In a statement issued on Wednesday, the Commission’s Head of Media and Public Communications, Mr. J. Okor Odey, said El-Rufai remained with the anti-graft agency as of the close of work on February 18, 2026.

“The Commission wishes to state that Malam Nasiru El-Rufai, the former Governor of Kaduna State, is in our custody as at the close of work today, Wednesday, the 18th day of February, 2026,” the statement read. “He is in the custody of the Commission in connection with ongoing investigations.”

The ICPC did not provide details of the probe but assured the public that further information would be released in line with its procedures and mandate.

El-Rufai’s detention by the ICPC comes days after he voluntarily presented himself at the headquarters of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Monday, where he had been undergoing questioning before being taken into ICPC custody.

A prominent figure in Nigerian politics, El-Rufai served as governor of Kaduna State from 2015 to 2023 under the All Progressives Congress (APC). His administration pursued sweeping reforms in areas such as public service restructuring, education policy, and urban renewal, while also attracting criticism over security challenges and fiscal management.

Before his governorship, he held several senior government roles, including Minister of the Federal Capital Territory between 2003 and 2007, and has remained an outspoken voice in national political debates since leaving office.

The ICPC, established in 2000 to investigate and prosecute corruption-related offences, said the ongoing investigation would be conducted strictly within the bounds of the law.

“The Commission remains guided by the rule of law and assures the public that investigations are being conducted professionally and without prejudice,” the statement added.

As of the time of filing this report, neither El-Rufai nor his associates had issued an official response.

Related Articles

One Comment

  1. The evil that men do we also catch up with them,malam El RUFAI did not only missed use kaduna state funds,El RUFAI committed human atrocities in south kaduna state supporting the killing of Christian in southern kaduna

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button