Jonathan’s Aide Finally Breaks Silence on Contesting 2027 Presidential Election

Former President Goodluck Jonathan has again stirred political conversations ahead of the 2027 general election following fresh claims linking him to a possible presidential bid.

However, one of his closest aides has now dismissed reports suggesting that the former Nigerian leader has already taken steps to enter the race.

Jude Imagwe, who serves as Special Adviser to Jonathan, said there is no proof that the ex-president purchased any presidential nomination form for the 2027 election.

Imagwe spoke on Wednesday during an interview on News Central Television while reacting to growing rumours surrounding Jonathan’s alleged return to active politics.

The speculation had intensified after Umar Sani, a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, claimed that Jonathan had obtained a nomination form ahead of the next presidential election.

But Jonathan’s aide rejected the claim and insisted that such reports remain unofficial.

“There is no suggested evidence that shows that my boss purchased or obtained the form,” Imagwe said during the interview.

He also dismissed claims that Jonathan had been granted a waiver by any political platform to contest the election.

“Some people said they granted him a waiver. If they have done that in the circuit, I as an individual do not know that they granted him waiver. They are trying to make all this ceremony out of it,” he stated.

Imagwe maintained that Jonathan is capable of personally making any political declaration if he chooses to contest.

According to him, it would be improper for political associates or supporters to speak on behalf of the former president regarding such a sensitive decision.

“I find it relatively difficult to suggest right now that my boss, the former president, is actually contesting an election and if he’s contesting an election, it shouldn’t be announced to people by proxy,” he added.

The presidential aide described Jonathan as a man with a strong political background who understands how major political decisions should be communicated.

“He’s a strong man of strong character and strong personality having served in respective capacities, so people should not announce for him whether he’s contesting an election or he’s not contesting. It’s a decision that he has to take,” Imagwe said.

Jonathan, who served as Nigeria’s president between 2010 and 2015, has repeatedly remained silent whenever talks about a possible return to the presidency emerge.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button