President Muhammadu Buhari, on Tuesday morning, announced Mr. Abdulrasheed Bawa as the news chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.
POLITICS NIGERIA has gathered 10 facts you must know about the new EFCC boss;
- He is 40 Years Old.
- He is a trained Economic and Financial Crimes investigator with vast experience in the investigation and being part of prosecution of Advance Fee Fraud, Official Corruption, Bank Fraud, Money Laundering and other Economic and Financial Crimes related offences.
- He is also Certified Fraud Exerminer (CFE), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) and was also trained by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), United States Financial Crime Enforcement Network (FINCEN), The World Bank, The United Nations Office of Drug and Crimes, The Nigeria Police Force, the Nigeria State Security Services.
- He has successfully investigated and testified in prosecution of several cases leading to convictions and recovery of Billions of Naira and Millions of US Dollars in cash and properties across the world.
- He has a Masters in International Affairs and Diplomacy: Usmanu Danfodio University Sokoto(2012)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Economics (Second Class Honours, upper credit): Usmanu Danfodio University Sokoto (2001)
- He is a recipient of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission Merit Award – 2020
- He is from Jega, Kebbi State
- He is married.
- He loves watching Football, Tennis, Reading, Current Affairs and International Politics.