News

Abia govt increases bounty on killers of soldiers to N30 million

The governor Abia State, Alex Otti has increased the bounty placed on the killers of five soldiers in Aba from N25 million to N30 million.

Otti announced this on Friday when the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshall Hasan Abubakar, paid him a visit in Nvosi, Isiala Ngwa South Local Government Area of the state.

Otti had promised to give N25 million to anyone who can provide information leading to the arrest of the perpetrators.

The attack was reportedly carried out by suspected members of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra in a bid to enforce sit-at-home.

The governor said that the increase in the bounty was necessary by an addition of N5 million by an indigene of the state based in the U.S.A.

“Interestingly, the government has placed a bounty of N25 million and just yesterday, an Abia son, who also comes from Obingwa and lives in the United States, sent us N5 million to upgrade the bounty to N30 million.

“So I am happy to announce that the bounty has just been upgraded to N30 million, to encourage anyone that will have useful information that will lead to the apprehension of the criminals,” he said.

Otti added that the state government had also started working with the security agencies to ensure that such incidents do not happen again in the state.

He said that the government had been working round the clock to ensure that the state remained safe and secure.

The governor said, “We also want to thank the intelligence service of the DSS, as they dispatched quite some people here to help us to unravel this case.

“We are very single-minded about it. We must fish them out and ensure that they get the message that this place is a no-go area for terrorists, killers, kidnappers and other criminals.”

Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button