Advertisement
News

COVID-19: Osun governement speaks on new cases, recoveries

Advertisement

The Osun State government has spoken on the latest development in Coronavirus cases in its isolation centres.

The state Commissioner for Health, Rafiu Isamotu, said the state has recorded two new cases and also discharged two more patients on Sunday. He announced this in a statement on Monday in Osogbo, the state capital.

He said the latest development brings the total number of cases recorded so far in Osun 44. Isamotu added that the two persons discharged were released after testing negative for the virus twice as required by treatment protocol.

“Today, two COVID-19 patients were discharged from our isolation and treatment centre to join their families after they tested negative for the virus.

“Sadly, we also recorded two new cases bringing the number of active cases in the State to four. Thankfully, they are all stable and responding to treatment.

“In total, 34 patients have been successfully treated and discharged from our isolation centres across the State out of the 44 confirmed cases in the State,” he said.

He also urged residents to continue to abide by the measures put in place by the State government in ensuring that the Coronavirus is curtailed.

The state has been on total lockdown for a month and the curfew was later relaxed.  However, the government is using the Amotekun security operatives to enforce the interstate travel ban.

Advertisement
Show More
Advertisement

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button