Politics Nigeria has been furnished with a Joint Statement from the Yoruba Youth Council and the Ohanaeze Youth Council, announcing their rejection of an alleged ‘Fulanization Agenda’.
The Statement issued on Sunday was signed by the President, Yoruba Council of Youths Worldwide, Aremo Oladotun Hassan and Okechukwu Isiguzoro, President, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council Worldwide.
“We are deeply concerned with grave hearts of regrets as critical stakeholders being the largest umbrella body of youths in the Southwest and Southeast Geo-Political Zones of Nigeria and In Diaspora, coupled with our unending disappointments and gross abandonment with the Muhammadu Buhari’s led Federal Government to have conspicuously allowed the dreaded ongoing Fulanization of Nigeria remain unmitigated, despite various mass condemnation of their terrorism atrocities, mass murder and genocidal war unleashed on innocent Nigerians in various communities across the nation, especially the recent wake of crises, killings, kidnapping and community invasion by the armed bandits, under the aegis of Fulani Herdsmen, ISIS, ISWA and Boko Haram terrorist group, despite the huge billions of dollars sunk into the terrorism war, without any corresponding success to tie to it till date.”
“We have watched and observed with keen interest the audacious mentality and operational coherence of this dreaded groups across the nation, in view of the anti-masses propositions of the government ranging from the free grazing and cattle colony expedition to the recent donation of N100Billion support funds and Fulani radio launch, all this are pointers to the element of conspiracy theory definitely suspicious of the federal myth, consent and backings of this evil machinations.”
“It is based on this premise we have address the issues differently as sectional issues, but with the simultaneous rising waves of communal invasions, rape and wanton massive destruction of lives and properties, resolving we are on the same page of agony, pains and tribulations, precipitating our unanimous resolution to present the following charter of demands:
National Charter of Demands
1. We demand the immediate enactment of a new people’s National and Regional Constitution(s) respectively.
2. We demand the immediate Establishment of the Southwest and Southeast Regional Development Commissions, to exclusively control and manage all mineral resources within their respective zones.
The commission shall exclusively conduct monitoring /management of funds generated within the zones. Just like Dubai, Shangai etc.
3. We Demand the Establishment by All Southwest and Southeast Governors Forum (SWSEGF), to consolidate on the initiative of the South West-South East Joint Regional Security Networks(JRSN), wherein all our local vigilante and security organizations in both zones can be inculcated into the network.
4. We demand Immediate Establishment of Southwest- Southeast Educational Right Laws
5. We demand the Establishment of Southwest Southeast Trade and Commerce Development Council, inorder to foster our socio-economic integration and development.
6. We demand the implementation of the new Electoral Laws with a new caveat for INEC to conduct all Local Government Elections and ensure Diaspora voting simultaneously at the 2023 National Election.
7. We demand the establishment of the Southwest-Southeast Economic Integration and Development Summit Group by Governors and passed by their State Houses of Assembly of the both regions.
8. The Establishment of the Southwest-Southwest Peace Commission by Governors and passed by their State Houses of Assembly of the both regions.
9. The Establishment of Southwest-Southeast Obas and Chief Commission by Governors and passed by their State Houses of Assembly of the both regions.
10. The Establishment of Southwest-Southeast Sports Council by Governors and passed by their State Houses of Assembly of the both regions.
11. The conduct of A National/Regional/State/Local Government Census by 2020, while the Governors of each Southwest ans Southeast States conduct a Special iIdentification Data Program for their respective States indigenes.
12. We support the newly Federal Government endorsed Enyimba Economic City facilitated by Abia State Government( a replica of Dubai) for it’s importance in Job creation for the teeming Unemployed Youths and Economic development of the South East and Urge that it should be replicated in the South West as Eko Economic City.
(13)Any other resolutions ancillary to the aforementioned demands.
“In view of the aforementioned, we hereby resolved to raise and support a competent and credible presidential candidate in 2023 from the both region, and as means of ensuring stability and equitable federal character appointments and sharing of all national portfolios based on regional exigencies and importance, especially the ongoing 9th National Assembly elections of principal officers.”
“We have emphatically spoken.”