President Muhammadu Buhari, on Wednesday, Sept. 19, approved the appointment of Dr (Mrs) Folasade Yemi-Esan, as the Acting Head of Civil Service of the Federation.
In a statement to the Press, the embattled Head, Mrs Winifred Oyo-Ita, was asked to proceed on indefinite leave to allow the conclusion of her ongoing trial by the EFCC.
Until her appointment, Dr (Mrs) Folasade Yemi-Esan was the permanent secretary in the Ministry of Petroleum Resources, Abuja.
Find below, the profile of the new Head of Civil Service;
1. The new Acting Head of Civil Service, Dr Folasade Yemi-Esan replaces Mrs Winifred Ekanem Oyo-Ita, who assumed the position in 2015.
2. Yemi-Esan graduated as the best student in Dental Surgery from the University of Ibadan in 1987.
3. Yemi-Esan’s career in the Federal Civil Service began at the Federal Ministry of Health.
4. In 2012, she was appointed Permanent Secretary, Service Policy and Strategy in the Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation.
5. Yemi-Esan served as Permanent Secretary in the Federal Ministry of Information, before proceeding to the Federal Ministry of Education — retaining the same position.
6. The new Acting Head of Civil Service served as Director of Information in the State House (Presidential Villa), Abuja, from 2012 to 2014.
7. Yemi-Esan had also served as Information Attache in the Nigeria Information Service Centre, Embassy of Nigeria, Abidjan, Cote d’ Ivoire from 1992 to 1995.
8. She was the Press Attache and Head of the Information and Cultural Service Centre, Embassy of Nigeria, Paris, France from 2001 to 2003.
9. Yemi-Esan was the Permanent Secretary in the Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources, until her appointment as Acting Head of Civil Service on Sept. 18.