Politics

JUST IN: Police speaks on ‘assassination attempt’ on Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour, others

The police in Lagos State have said that it had yet to see any empirical evidence to show any form of armed attack on Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour, the Labour Party gubernatorial candidate in the state and supporters of his party.

POLITICS NIGERIA reports that Olawale Oluwo, the candidate of the Boot Party for the March 18 governorship election who recently collapsed his structure for the Labour Party, had said he escaped unhurt when he was shot at on Saturday at Epe.

Speaking on the alleged attack via a post on his known Facebook page, Oluwo said the attack happened in Ita Opo area of Epe during the campaign procession of Labour Party.

According to him, despite the attack, the procession was successful except “for the actions of a few misguided elements, suspected to have been sponsored from the most unexpected quarters, to perpetrate tension and violence.”

“Gbadebo was present, being the overall team lead for the procession. Thank God the bullets missed the targets but my special gratitude goes to my security orderly who promptly returned fire to repel the two assailants. A report is being lodged with the police on the incident.”

Rhodes-Vivour also confirmed the attack on his verified Twitter handle on Sunday, saying, “Yesterday’s rally was great, we connected and saw supporters in Epe. We were attacked but we are all safe and secure.”

But speaking to the press, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, said that although, a report to that effect was made on Sunday, investigations revealed that there was no empirical evidence to show any such attack took place.

Hundeyin stated that the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) of Epe Division visited the scene to carry out an on-the-spot investigation, but that after hours of investigation, the team did not see any pointer that suggested an attack.

“The police are not saying that they are lying, but like the build up to the Presidential and National Assembly, we saw videos of attacks and those who had been injured on social media.

“There was no such evidence when the police visited the scene.

“We are still yet to see anyone come up to say that he or she was injured in the attack.

“So for now there is no evidence to show of any such attack,” Hundeyin said.

Show More

3 Comments

  1. HE JUST CONFESSED HE WAS NOT Yoruba IN SPIRIT AND THE REAL SENSE OF IT. IF HE IS JUST LEARNING TO SPEAK Yoruba TO DECEIVE HIMSELF ONLY AND BECAUSE OF THE GOVERNORSHIP SEAT.

    This boy is obviously a rogue cheat.

    WHAT ELSE DID HE CLAIM WHICH HE IS NOT?

  2. E reach an original lagosian’s turn…. Some political yorubas come dey talk say he no be yoruba…..

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button