Advertisement
Politics

Peter Obi denies donating N1 billion to COVID-19 Relief fund

Advertisement

Former vice presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Peter Obi has denied donating the sum of one billion Naira to fight Coronavirus pandemic.

Mr Obi in a statement on Tuesday signed by his media aide, Valentine Obienyem and sent to POLITICS NIGERIA, said he has not donated any fund.

He said: “I have not donated to the fund”.

The former Anambra state governor also denied a list of purported donors to the fund which has gone viral in which his name appears as number 33 and a billion Naira indicated as the amount he has allegedly donated.

Obi said the issue at hand was so scary and of great importance to the world, especially our dear country to be tainted by any manner of fake news.

He, however, urged purveyors of fake news to desist from the act.

“As a Nigerian, I am deeply worried about the situation in the world, especially what Nigeria and her citizens are going through. I had earlier made case for the vulnerable and advised that their plight should be a priority in any decision on how to fight the pandemic”, part of the statement read.

He further appreciated those who have been making donations to check the spread of COVID-9 in the country.

“I urged more support from individuals and organizations according to abilities, to tackle what he described as global catastrophe”, he continued.

Mr Obi assured his commitment to be part of the solution to the scourge by, among other things, making his own contribution in his own way.

He prayed to the Almighty God to continue to save his people.

Advertisement
Show More
Advertisement

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button