The Ekiti State Government has discharged its first Coronavirus patient on Tuesday, Politics Nigeria reports.
The patient, a 37-year-old man, tested positive for the virus after he had contact with an American tourist.
He spent weeks in isolation centre, where he was taking treatment and later recovered.
He was discharged by officials of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) and the Ekiti State Ministry of Health.
The state governor, Kayode Fayemi, had ordered a dusk-to-dawn curfew and directed all residents to stay at home.
Meanwhile, the Oyo state government has discharged its index coronavirus patient after he tested negative for COVID-19.
Taiwo Adisa, Chief Press Secretary to Governor Seyi Makinde, made this known in a statement on Monday.
The index case in the state was reported on March 21. The patient had a travel history to the United Kingdom.
According to the state government, the patient was released consequently upon the completion of his treatment at Agbami Chest Hospital isolation centre, Ibadan.
“The American returnee had initially tested negative only for the second test to read positive,” the statement read.
“The index case had been on self-isolation at a private residence in Ibadan until he was transferred to the Isolation centre at Agbami, Jericho area of Ibadan on March 23.
“The index case was released after two consecutive negative tests.”
The statement also quoted Taiwo Ladipo, the state’s incident manager, as saying the confirmed case spent six days in the isolation centre and had two negative tests.
“Ladipo said the released patient is well and very stable and is now back to his house,” it said
“He posited that the infectious disease specialist would be reviewing the patient for follow up action.”
Nigeria currently has 135 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with two deaths recorded so far.